Children & Youth Services
We provide a safe place to heal, learn and grow
Our specially-trained clinicians design unique programs for children and teens who are survivors of child abuse, domestic violence and sexual assault.
In addition to individual counseling, LACASA offers age-specific support groups that help children and teens understand that they are not alone and they are not to blame for the abuse in their lives.
Our Children’s Center includes play-therapy rooms, arts and crafts areas, counseling rooms, a childcare playroom, and a large outdoor playscape.
We provide a number of services and activities to enhance self-esteem, spark creativity and nurture each child’s talents and abilities, including:
- Individual Counseling and Support Groups
- Arts and Crafts Programs—including a 4-H program
- Special Activity Days—fun field trips and educational outings
- Visiting Role-Model Program—volunteer mentors provide inspiration
- Family Fun Celebrations—festive gatherings to brighten children’s lives
Your generous donations allow us to provide children’s services at no charge.
A View Outside
Our kids’ play rooms and art rooms have child-height windows, giving children a physical and psychological view of the outside world at their level.
This small feature offers big emotional rewards, providing children with a sense of openness, importance and empowerment.