Get Your Workplace Involved April 29!
Join the Denim Day Movement
You can help sexual assault survivors in our community by joining the Denim Day Movement on April 29, 2015. Arrange with your workplace for you and your coworkers to wear jeans to work on Wednesday, April 29, 2015. Ask each coworker to make a donation to the “Denim for Dollars” drive in return for wearing jeans with a purpose.
How To Participate
- Show your support by registering your workplace action at denimdayinfo.org
- Wear jeans to work on Wednesday, April 29
- Donate funds raised at your workplace on this day to LACASA Center
- Share photos of you and your coworkers on our Facebook page!
Make your donation on our website or mail it to: LACASA, 2895 W. Grand River Ave., Howell, MI 48843
History of Denim Day
- In 1999, the Italian High Court overturned a rape conviction because the victim was wearing tight jeans at the time of the assault
- The justices stated that the victim must have helped her attacker remove her jeans, an action from which they inferred consent
- People all around the world were outraged; wearing jeans on this anniversary became an international symbol of protest against erroneous and destructive attitudes about sexual violence
- For 16 years, the “Denim for Dollars” event has helped raise much-needed funds for sexual assault victims
- Wear jeans with a purpose on Wednesday, April 29, 2015