Trauma Assessments & Consults: Eligibility
Livingston County Trauma Informed Assessments
Who Is Eligible?
A child who meets these criteria may receive a trauma informed consultation:
- Child is a resident of Livingston County or in the county’s jurisdiction
- Child is considered to have a SED — Serious Emotional Disorder (SED is defined as a diagnosable mental, behavioral or emotional disorder)
- Child is age infant to 18 years old
- Child has experienced trauma, abuse or neglect
A child who meets the above criteria and one of these criteria may receive a trauma informed assessment:
- Is in—or at risk of—an out of home placement due to their behavior
- Is receiving or has received services from multiple systems or agencies
- Is receiving services but behavior continues to escalate or child is not benefiting from those services
Following a consultation, the team may recommend a full or partial assessment.