- Who we help
- How we help
- What we offer
- How to help
- Survivor Resources
- Who we are
LACASA Center offers its comprehensive volunteer training program twice a year. Registration for the Spring Volunteer Training Program is now open.
Our volunteer training begins on Thursday, April 20, 2017. LACASA staff members will be on hand to facilitate sessions that will give you all of the skills needed to volunteer in any of our programs, with the exception of CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates, which has a separate training program held twice a year).
Please contact Volunteer Coordinator Nicole Matthews-Creech for questions or to reserve your place in training at email@example.com or call her at 517-548-1350.
Space is limited, so please register early.
Training sessions are held at LACASA Center, 2895 W. Grand River Ave. in Howell.
Spring 2017 Training Schedule*
• Introduction & Orientation
Thursday, April 20 from 6 – 9:30 p.m.
• Understanding Domestic Violence & Its Impact
Thursday, April 27 from 6 – 9:30 p.m.
• Child Abuse/Sexual Assault
Thursday, May 4 from 6 – 9:30 p.m.
• Broadening Cultural Awareness & Crisis Intervention
Saturday, May 13 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Exciting New Component
Weekly online modules will supplement on-site sessions
• Volunteer Placement & Interviews
May 16 – June 2, 2017
* Completion of all sessions in their entirety are required to volunteer in a direct service capacity.